Friday, February 18, 2005

GEMA '05 with Mewwie~

Good Morning~! I'm Back With the Nex Edition of "... with Mewwie~" Enjoy~!

3.43pm, Fri, 18thFeb'05, notes: GEMA '05 was held on the 15th February 2005, 7.30pm. When i arrived at the entracne of MPH, quite a few people standing outside at the booth buying tees sold by the GEMA comms. The tees are black and the graphics are pink. Looks cool though.. I wish i had bought one.. but pockets got moth living in it already.. Havent opened my ang pau's yet due to some pantangs I set for myself ever since I was young.. If you're wondering..HAHA~! Back to GEMA.. opposite the Tee+Ticket booth, i saw some familiar faces.. They are not just standing there.. but they were selling Donuts! They were the committees of FCM Night~ I didn't even know they were setting up a booth to sell donuts there.. But it was a good attempt though.. They should have opened the booth after the event too.. Because after the event.. around 500 hungry MMU students mobbed the HB3 drink stall (who's half way cleaning up to go home). AHHAa..

So, I waited in line with Bika to get into the hall.. They chopped my hand with a cute chop (those kitty kitty "Happy Birthday" "Good Luck" chops) and chopped my ticket with another chop.. Only to find out it is SPARC's chop~! Woahhhhh!!! So that's where our chop has gone~! WHAHAha!! I was shocked~ Fuahhhhh~~ Butttttt...... the show must go on~! I walked on to the door.. and a girl gave a magazine as a door gift. When I went in.. It really felt like home.. I really missed those eventful days in MPH.. Half of the hall is packed with people already.. Me, Bika and AhBah went to sit in front (stage front-carpeted area) First class seats~! (sat on floor, those sat behind the judges got to sat on chairs though) We waited for a while..I took some pics~

This is AhBah and Lara Croft.. Eh Bika~ The pic is taken before we went up front~ The coke she's holding.. Is mine.. I guess.. It's a representitive of me.. since I am not in the pic. HAhaha..



Bika and Me~ Bika.. So Ganas..full of Attitude man~! If onli I could wipe that smirk off my face.. I look weird~!



And the GEMA Stage Backdrop~! Nice ek?? Looks like their banner is placed behind ther.. Not so sure abt it though..



Well after the long wait~ The MC named Kat came up on stage and announced the first group to perform~ I have no idea wether this group is among the rest competing or not.. Anyway.. Pics here~ It's a sketch+singing performance.. very very weird indeed.. Notice the tree on the far right? Its a guy covered in brown blankie holding a Twig.. HAhaa.. Cute~



And then the real musical war starts.. Throughout the whole event.. Kat the MC, kept on talkin about their main sponsor which is 'something'-mart.. Yes.. Even though she said the name about 100times thruout the event.. I din bother to remember the name.. HAhaha.. The audience were kinda bored with that name too.. every question asked by the MC for audience to get gifts was about that 'something'-mart..I think the name is..RoomMart or smthng.. It's wher ppl look for room mates all around Malaysia.. HAHAha~! Enough publicity for them~! Back to the event~ Below are pics of the performers; in order of appearance.. HAHAh~ p/s the ones in purple boxes is the solo/duet/grp performance.. heheh...






Gerhana Ska Cinta was good~ entertaining..the whole band was dancing on stage during their whole performance.. makes us feel like dancing along la.. bestnyerr.. during their performance.. the lead singer.. who's a lady.. threw their posters and some stickers to the crowd.. I managed to get the poster but not the sticker~ =( But get the poster better la.. After the event.. me and Bika went backstage to ask the whole Gerhana Ska Cinta's band for their signatures~ Yippeeeeee~! Upclose and personal with 2 hensem band members from Gerhana Ska Cinta~! AHHAha~!! It was like: "hello, can i have your autograph please?" "ooo okay~ *signs* here you are" "thank youuuuuuu~" "you're welcome :D" How cool was Thatttttttt~!! HAHAAhaa!! I feel so lame~!! But It's exciting when you are there la.. so shuush~! :Þ

Before the prize giving ceremony, the last gift giveaway was a 2 days 1 night stay in Genting's First World Hotel~ and the competition is .. yet another 'something'-mart question.. "In less than 5 sentence.. explain what is roommart" a guy, who's Bika's fren.. a very thin guy (who's putting his hands on his hips) says: "R-rakan O-bla bla.. O- bla bla M-blabla..A-bla bla.. T" MC: "eh mana datang T nih" Thin Guy: "E-bla bla" Throughout all of that,full of doubts in his voice.. but he managed.. You go man~!HAhaa! Nex a bald guy who jumped on stage and shouted as though he is in the rings with the rock during WWE.. "WHOARGHHHHHHh" With the mucleman pose n all.. Dem funny.. Anyway.. I forgotten what he said dy.. Then a guy.. I forgotten wat he said about it too..Then the nex girl said: "Roomart Sungguh Sedap Menjilat Jari" or smthng. And the other girl: "Roomart Best" *yawn yawn* Basically kinda cacat la.. But the winner is chosen by the cheers of the crowd the loudest cheers will get the free stay in Genting~ "HOOOOoRayyy~!!AAAAaaaaaaghhhhhhh~!!!" :Þ And the winner is~~~~~~~~the lil thin fella for his weird efforts~! Yippeeee~! Photo below: See from right to left..



Well ThaT Marks the End of GEMA '05 and everyone went home happy and drenched in sweat since the hall was stuffy and the air con couldn't accomodate the 1000 people present in the event. Well.. I was worried about the lil bird.. i think they left him there in the hall.. Sigh.. Sadistsss~!!

Congrats to all the GEMA committees~! You have done good~! I had lotsa fun~

Song O The Day: Sum41 -Pieces ~ *good song to sing along to :D "if you believe it's in my soulllll~ i'd say all the words that i know~ just to see that it would show~ that i'm tryin to let you know~ that I'm better off on my own~"*

Signing Off,

*~WinterJo~*

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Powered by Blogger