Tuesday, March 08, 2005

BoOgie WoOgie OoGie~! *Joget Joget the Sabah Way*

10:41am, Tue, 8thMarch'05, Notes: Woman's Day~! (Guys~ Treat Your Girlfriends Good Aight(Dun Bully Bully)..Those who has girls as good friends..Treat them good too (Dun Neglect neglect :Þ)..Call your mom and Grandma Just to say I Love You..(Dun Regret Regret) .. Stowie of the Day: Freaking Hectic Week, Do You Ever Have This Feeling of Whacking Someone? Yeah, I'm Having This Feelings Now.. (Any volunteers?!) Hurm..But I wont i guess, Having more sleep n all will keep me back on track~ I HOpE~! :p

Alrity~! Today, I am gonna doin some flashbacks of what has happened in the last 2 weeks that made me neglect my honeybunnyschnuckumwookum blog~!

First up~! After the GeMa craze that happened on the 15th Feb '05, the week after that was Wings of Borneo~! (22nd March '05, Tuesday, 8.30pm onwards) As I walked into the hall (Alone! Bika wasn't there to teman me! SOB! =Þ) I was visually transported to the borders of Sabah and Sarawak~! Guys were wearing patterned colourful vests without shirts inside, some with black long sleeve with golden frills(look like it), some are not even wearing anything but tatoos on their body~! Well.. that's the top portion.. from waist down, they wore black long pants, some black tights and some even a black folded cloth made into pants~ (I wonder what they're called though).. Well.. the ladies were lovely~ short sleeved tops, long sleeved tops, and short and long skirt~ some beautifully coloured and some are just stunningly Black with gold linings~ (view photos eh.. hard to explain~! :p ) ..They were all standing at the door with big smiles on their faces~ Welcoming everyone who passes through the doors. (Eh..correction, lemme rephrase that..) Welcoming everyone who walks into their doors. (That doesn't sound right either..) Welcoming everyone who walks into the hall? (Hmm..)

Costumes during the fashion show~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ah~! All this made me flashback to my childhood days when I was in Sabah.. My aunt-in-law was kadazan, and i simply loved the costume~! Well.. We missed playing hide n seek and also watching my aunt's brother riding horses n all.. Aaaaaaaa~ It all seemed like yesterday~ Ark! Back to Wings of Borneo, after the warm welcomes, I went to sit at the middle row, and observed the crowd amongst the colourful spotlights swaying from left to right, up to down.. Lotsa international students were present there for the event too~! Good support~! YEaH~! ^_^Y .. They are the ones who made the whole event seem more cheerful besides the sporting committee members, owh and not forgetting those few Kajang High School students whom I GuEsS.. ran away from their school rombongan to attend the event. I wish i could do that in my skoolin days~!

During the event, the comm members distributed some Sabahan/Sarawakian kuihs and sweets (ever tasted black pepper sweets?? I Have~! Tastes weird though..hehehe..) During the event, they have songs from Sabah and Sarawak (which reminds me, who got the songs sang by the 2 guys ar? if u have it.. i wan ek.. ^_^ ), they even performed "Puteri Santubong and Sejinjang" (? howd'ya spell it?) song, Sabah n Sarawak's traditional costume fashion show, balloon bursting with SumPit demonstration, jump jump over the bamboo dance (JUJU~!).. erm.. I dunno what that dance is called.. =Þ Watch Juju jump jump jump~! (See pic -far left MUAHAHA) and the Sumazau dance~ *~Jam Jam Jambatan~*.. they also called the audiences to try it out.. if i did any of the jumpin or the sumpiting.. i might have to risk my legs chopped off by bamboos OR ter-sumpit someone's butt.. well, i only had the guts to do the sumazau dance towards the end of the event where everyone flocked up to the stage and dance like they've never danced before~ *joget Joget* ..it looks easy.. but your legs'll get tired very fast.. >_< Worth it though~! I had so much fun~! Dancing like birds~! I mean.. Hornbills~! Yippee~!

Jump~! Jump~! Way to go Juju~!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sumazau~
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Eventually, the event had to come to an end.. souvenirs were given, hugs, praises n pats on backs passed around. Then.. I forgotten what had really happened, but i ended up behind those traditional gongs playing it. It was fun though.. plying gongs with those pro gong players and also some uni mates~ Someone took a pic but it turned out very very blur~ So.. Reject~! HUhu~!

Woah getting sleepy dy..Gotta end this post now..I would like to congratulate Cordillia, the event director, with the success of this event~! And I really had a great time~ Congrats to all the performers too~!

Shong Op Da Dae~! : Since it's Woman's Day today, I would like to recommend this song to y'all~ "Ari Lasso: Rahsia Perempuan" Well.. One advice though.. IGNORE the lyrics.. I like the song even if I had to live listening to the karaoke version of it~!(if they have any) The lyrics is a bit.. erm.. cacat.. O_o;;

Tune in for more happenings and thoughts~ Hopefully by next week~!

Cya When I Cya~!

*~WinterJo~*

1 Comments:

  • Dear cousin

    You conveniently forget to add that you were actually BORN in Sabah. Dont' be malu lah, I born in Ipoh also but grew up in Sabah and was there together with you remember????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Powered by Blogger